WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. choleric, passionate (vs. passionless)
- usage: easily moved to anger; "men of the choleric type take to kicking and smashing"- H.G.Wells
- 2. choleric, irascible, hotheaded, hot-tempered, quick-tempered, short-tempered, ill-natured (vs. good-natured)
- usage: quickly aroused to anger; "a hotheaded commander"
- 3. choleric, irascible, angry (vs. unangry)
- usage: characterized by anger; "a choleric outburst"; "an irascible response"
All rights reserved.
See also: choleric (Dictionary)