WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. Chimera, Chimaera, mythical monster, mythical creature
- usage: (Greek mythology) fire-breathing female monster with a lion's head and a goat's body and a serpent's tail; daughter of Typhon
- 2. chimera, chimaera, imagination, imaging, imagery, mental imagery
- usage: a grotesque product of the imagination
- 3. chimaera, holocephalan, holocephalian
- usage: a deep-sea fish with a tapering body, smooth skin, and long threadlike tail
All rights reserved.
See also: chimaera (Dictionary)