- 1. chicane, bridge hand
- usage: a bridge hand that is void of trumps
- 2. chicane, movable barrier
- usage: a movable barrier used in motor racing; sometimes placed before a dangerous corner to reduce speed as cars pass in single file
- 3. trickery, chicanery, chicane, guile, wile, shenanigan, deception, deceit, dissembling, dissimulation
- usage: the use of tricks to deceive someone (usually to extract money from them)
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. cheat, chouse, shaft, screw, chicane, jockey, beat, beat out, crush, shell, trounce, vanquish
- usage: defeat someone through trickery or deceit
- 2. cavil, carp, chicane, object
- usage: raise trivial objections
All rights reserved.
See also: chicane (Dictionary)