- 1. chew, chaw, cud, quid, plug, wad, morsel, bit, bite
- usage: a wad of something chewable as tobacco
- 2. chew, chewing, mastication, manduction, change of state
- usage: biting and grinding food in your mouth so it becomes soft enough to swallow
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. chew, masticate, manducate, jaw, grate, grind
- usage: chew (food); to bite and grind with the teeth; "He jawed his bubble gum"; "Chew your food and don't swallow it!"; "The cows were masticating the grass"
All rights reserved.
See also: chew (Dictionary)