- 1. darnel, tare, bearded darnel, cheat, Lolium temulentum, rye grass, ryegrass
- usage: weedy annual grass often occurs in grainfields and other cultivated land; seeds sometimes considered poisonous
- 2. chess, cheat, Bromus secalinus, brome, bromegrass
- usage: weedy annual native to Europe but widely distributed as a weed especially in wheat
- 3. deceiver, cheat, cheater, trickster, beguiler, slicker, wrongdoer, offender
- usage: someone who leads you to believe something that is not true
- 4. swindle, cheat, rig, fraud
- usage: the act of swindling by some fraudulent scheme; "that book is a fraud"
- 5. cheat, cheating, deception, deceit, dissembling, dissimulation
- usage: a deception for profit to yourself
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. cheat, rip off, chisel, victimize, victimise
- usage: deprive somebody of something by deceit; "The con-man beat me out of $50"; "This salesman ripped us off!"; "we were cheated by their clever-sounding scheme"; "They chiseled me out of my money"
- 2. cheat, chouse, shaft, screw, chicane, jockey, beat, beat out, crush, shell, trounce, vanquish
- usage: defeat someone through trickery or deceit
- 3. cheat, chisel, deceive, lead on, delude, cozen
- usage: engage in deceitful behavior; practice trickery or fraud; "Who's chiseling on the side?"
- 4. cheat on, cheat, cuckold, betray, wander, deceive, lead on, delude, cozen
- usage: be sexually unfaithful to one's partner in marriage; "She cheats on her husband"; "Might her husband be wandering?"
All rights reserved.
See also: cheat (Dictionary)