- 1. chat, confab, confabulation, schmooze, schmoose, conversation
- usage: an informal conversation
- 2. New World chat, chat, New World warbler, wood warbler
- usage: birds having a chattering call
- 3. Old World chat, chat, thrush
- usage: songbirds having a chattering call
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. chew the fat, shoot the breeze, chat, confabulate, confab, chitchat, chit-chat, chatter, chaffer, natter, gossip, jaw, claver, visit, converse, discourse
- usage: talk socially without exchanging too much information; "the men were sitting in the cafe and shooting the breeze"
All rights reserved.
See also: chat (Dictionary)