Synonyms of chastening
- 1. correction, chastening, chastisement, rebuke, reproof, reproval, reprehension, reprimand
- usage: a rebuke for making a mistake
- 1. chastise, castigate, objurgate, chasten, correct, call on the carpet, take to task, rebuke, rag, trounce, reproof, lecture, reprimand, jaw, dress down, call down, scold, chide, berate, bawl out, remonstrate, chew out, chew up, have words, lambaste, lambast
- usage: censure severely; "She chastised him for his insensitive remarks"
- 2. chasten, moderate, temper, change, alter, modify
- usage: restrain
- 3. tame, chasten, subdue, change, alter, modify
- usage: correct by punishment or discipline
All rights reserved.