- 1. Charleston, capital of West Virginia
- usage: state capital of West Virginia in the central part of the state on the Kanawha river
- 2. Charleston
- usage: a port city in southeastern South Carolina
- 3. Charleston, ballroom dancing, ballroom dance
- usage: an American ballroom dance in syncopated rhythm; popular early in the 20th century
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. Charleston, dance, trip the light fantastic, trip the light fantastic toe
- usage: dance the Charleston
All rights reserved.
See also: charleston (Dictionary)