WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. charity, foundation
- usage: a foundation created to promote the public good (not for assistance to any particular individuals)
- 2. charity, brotherly love, benevolence, theological virtue, supernatural virtue
- usage: a kindly and lenient attitude toward people
- 3. charity, giving, gift
- usage: an activity or gift that benefits the public at large
- 4. Jacob's ladder, Greek valerian, charity, Polemonium caeruleum, Polemonium van-bruntiae, Polymonium caeruleum van-bruntiae, polemonium
- usage: pinnate-leaved European perennial having bright blue or white flowers
- 5. charity, institution, establishment
- usage: an institution set up to provide help to the needy
All rights reserved.
See also: charity (Dictionary)