- 1. celluloid, thermoplastic, thermoplastic resin
- usage: highly flammable substance made from cellulose nitrate and camphor; used in e.g. motion-picture and X-ray film; its use has decreased with the development of nonflammable thermoplastics
- 2. film, cinema, celluloid, medium
- usage: a medium that disseminates moving pictures; "theater pieces transferred to celluloid"; "this story would be good cinema"; "film coverage of sporting events"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. celluloid, synthetic, artificial (vs. natural), unreal
- usage: artificial as if portrayed in a film; "a novel with flat celluloid characters"
All rights reserved.
See also: celluloid (Dictionary)