WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. careful (vs. careless), blow-by-blow, certain, sure, close, conscientious, painstaking, scrupulous, detailed, elaborate, elaborated, minute, narrow, overcareful, too-careful, particular(prenominal), protective(predicate), studious, thorough, cautious, diligent, prudent
- usage: exercising caution or showing care or attention; "they were careful when crossing the busy street"; "be careful to keep her shoes clean"; "did very careful research"; "careful art restorers"; "careful of the rights of others"; "careful about one's behavior"
- 2. careful, heedful, mindful (vs. unmindful), aware
- usage: cautiously attentive; "careful of her feelings"; "heedful of his father's advice"
- 3. careful, deliberate, measured, unhurried (vs. hurried)
- usage: unhurried and with care and dignity; "walking at the same measured pace"; "with all deliberate speed"
- 4. careful, troubled (vs. untroubled)
- usage: full of cares or anxiety; "Thou art careful and troubled about many things"-Luke 10.41
- 5. careful, thrifty, provident (vs. improvident)
- usage: mindful of the future in spending money; "careful with money"
All rights reserved.
See also: careful (Dictionary)