Synonyms of car
- 1. car, auto, automobile, machine, motorcar, motor vehicle, automotive vehicle
- usage: a motor vehicle with four wheels; usually propelled by an internal combustion engine; "he needs a car to get to work"
- 2. car, railcar, railway car, railroad car, wheeled vehicle
- usage: a wheeled vehicle adapted to the rails of railroad; "three cars had jumped the rails"
- 3. car, gondola, compartment
- usage: the compartment that is suspended from an airship and that carries personnel and the cargo and the power plant
- 4. car, elevator car, compartment
- usage: where passengers ride up and down; "the car was on the top floor"
- 5. cable car, car, compartment
- usage: a conveyance for passengers or freight on a cable railway; "they took a cable car to the top of the mountain"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of car (Dictionary)