Synonyms of caps
- 1. cap, headdress, headgear
- usage: a tight-fitting headdress
- 2. cap, top, cover
- usage: a top (as for a bottle)
- 3. detonator, detonating device, cap, explosive device
- usage: a mechanical or electrical explosive device or a small amount of explosive; can be used to initiate the reaction of a disrupting explosive
- 4. cap, protective covering, protective cover, protection
- usage: something serving as a cover or protection
- 5. cap, pileus, plant part, plant structure
- usage: a fruiting structure resembling an umbrella or a cone that forms the top of a stalked fleshy fungus such as a mushroom
- 6. hood, cap, covering, natural covering, cover
- usage: a protective covering that is part of a plant
- 7. ceiling, roof, cap, control
- usage: an upper limit on what is allowed; "he put a ceiling on the number of women who worked for him"; "there was a roof on salaries"; "they established a cap for prices"
- 8. crown, crownwork, jacket, jacket crown, cap, dental appliance
- usage: (dentistry) dental appliance consisting of an artificial crown for a broken or decayed tooth; "tomorrow my dentist will fit me for a crown"
- 9. capital, chapiter, cap, top
- usage: the upper part of a column that supports the entablature
- 1. cap, crest, lie
- usage: lie at the top of; "Snow capped the mountains"
- 2. cap, limit, circumscribe, confine
- usage: restrict the number or amount of; "We had to cap the number of people we can accept into our club"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of caps (Dictionary)
Here are the facts and trivia that people are buzzing about.