- 1. candle, taper, wax light, lamp
- usage: stick of wax with a wick in the middle
- 2. candle, candela, cd, standard candle, luminous intensity unit, candlepower unit
- usage: the basic unit of luminous intensity adopted under the Systeme International d'Unites; equal to 1/60 of the luminous intensity per square centimeter of a black body radiating at the temperature of 2,046 degrees Kelvin
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. candle, examine, see
- usage: examine eggs for freshness by holding them against a light
All rights reserved.
See also: candle (Dictionary)