- 1. can, tin, tin can, container
- usage: airtight sealed metal container for food or drink or paint etc.
- 2. can, canful, containerful
- usage: the quantity contained in a can
- 3. can, can buoy, buoy
- usage: a buoy with a round bottom and conical top
- 4. buttocks, nates, arse, butt, backside, bum, buns, can, fundament, hindquarters, hind end, keister, posterior, prat, rear, rear end, rump, stern, seat, tail, tail end, tooshie, tush, bottom, behind, derriere, fanny, ass, body part
- usage: the fleshy part of the human body that you sit on; "he deserves a good kick in the butt"; "are you going to sit on your fanny and do nothing?"
- 5. toilet, can, commode, crapper, pot, potty, stool, throne, plumbing fixture
- usage: a plumbing fixture for defecation and urination
- 6. toilet, lavatory, lav, can, john, privy, bathroom, room
- usage: a room or building equipped with one or more toilets
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. can, tin, put up, preserve, keep
- usage: preserve in a can or tin; "tinned foods are not very tasty"
- 2. displace, fire, give notice, can, dismiss, give the axe, send away, sack, force out, give the sack, terminate, remove
- usage: terminate the employment of; discharge from an office or position; "The boss fired his secretary today"; "The company terminated 25% of its workers"
All rights reserved.
See also: can (Dictionary)