Synonyms of calming
- 1. appeasement, calming, social control
- usage: the act of appeasing (as by acceding to the demands of)
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. calm, calm down, quiet, tranquilize, tranquillize, tranquillise, quieten, lull, still, comfort, soothe, console, solace
- usage: make calm or still; "quiet the dragons of worry and fear"
- 2. steady, calm, becalm, stabilize, stabilise
- usage: make steady; "steady yourself"
- 3. calm, calm down, cool off, chill out, simmer down, settle down, cool it, change state, turn
- usage: become quiet or calm, especially after a state of agitation; "After the fight both men need to cool off."; "It took a while after the baby was born for things to settle down again."
- 4. sedate, calm, tranquilize, tranquillize, tranquillise, affect
- usage: cause to be calm or quiet as by administering a sedative to; "The patient must be sedated before the operation"
All rights reserved.