- 1. cackle, cry
- usage: the sound made by a hen after laying an egg
- 2. yak, yack, yakety-yak, chatter, cackle, talk, talking
- usage: noisy talk
- 3. cackle, laugh, laughter
- usage: a loud laugh suggestive of a hen's cackle
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. cackle, talk, speak, utter, mouth, verbalize, verbalise
- usage: talk or utter in a cackling manner; "The women cackled when they saw the movie star step out of the limousine"
- 2. cackle, utter, emit, let out, let loose
- usage: squawk shrilly and loudly, characteristic of hens
- 3. cackle, laugh, express joy, express mirth
- usage: emit a loud, unpleasant kind of laughing
All rights reserved.
See also: cackle (Dictionary)