- 1. bull, cattle, cows, kine, oxen, Bos taurus
- usage: uncastrated adult male of domestic cattle
- 2. bull, bruiser, strapper, Samson, man, adult male
- usage: a large and strong and heavyset man; "he was a bull of a man"; "a thick-skinned bruiser ready to give as good as he got"
- 4. bull, blunder, blooper, bloomer, bungle, pratfall, foul-up, fuckup, flub, botch, boner, boo-boo
- usage: a serious and ludicrous blunder; "he made a bad bull of the assignment"
- 5. bull, cop, copper, fuzz, pig, policeman, police officer, officer
- usage: uncomplimentary terms for a policeman
- 6. bull, investor
- usage: an investor with an optimistic market outlook; an investor who expects prices to rise and so buys now for resale later
- 7. Taurus, Bull, person, individual, someone, somebody, mortal, soul
- usage: (astrology) a person who is born while the sun is in Taurus
- 8. Taurus, Taurus the Bull, Bull
- usage: the second sign of the zodiac; the sun is in this sign from about April 20 to May 20
- 9. bull's eye, bull, center, centre, midpoint
- usage: the center of a target
- 10. bull, papal bull, decree, edict, fiat, order, rescript
- usage: a formal proclamation issued by the pope (usually written in antiquated characters and sealed with a leaden bulla)
- 11. bull, placental, placental mammal, eutherian, eutherian mammal
- usage: mature male of various mammals of which the female is called `cow'; e.g. whales or elephants or especially cattle
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. bull, bull through, push, bear on
- usage: push or force; "He bulled through his demands"
- 2. bull, speculate, job
- usage: try to raise the price of stocks through speculative buying
- 3. talk through one's hat, bullshit, bull, fake, feign, sham, pretend, affect, dissemble
- usage: speak insincerely or without regard for facts or truths; "The politician was not well prepared for the debate and faked it"
- 4. bull, rise, go up, climb
- usage: advance in price; "stocks were bulling"
All rights reserved.
See also: bull (Dictionary)