- 1. fan, buff, devotee, lover, follower
- usage: an ardent follower and admirer
- 2. buff, leather
- usage: a soft thick undyed leather from the skins of e.g. buffalo or oxen
- 3. buff, skin, tegument, cutis
- usage: bare skin; naked; "swimming in the buff"
- 4. yellowish brown, raw sienna, buff, caramel, caramel brown, brown, brownness
- usage: a medium to dark tan color
- 5. buff, buffer, implement
- usage: an implement consisting of soft material mounted on a block; used for polishing (as in manicuring)
- 1. buffet, buff, hit
- usage: strike, beat repeatedly; "The wind buffeted him"
- 2. buff, burnish, furbish, polish, smooth, smoothen, shine
- usage: polish and make shiny; "buff the wooden floors"; "buff my shoes"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. buff, chromatic (vs. achromatic)
- usage: of the yellowish-beige color of buff leather
All rights reserved.
See also: buff (Dictionary)