Synonyms of brute
- 1. beast, wolf, savage, brute, wildcat, attacker, aggressor, assailant, assaulter
- usage: a cruelly rapacious person
- 2. animal, animate being, beast, brute, creature, fauna, organism, being
- usage: a living organism characterized by voluntary movement
- 1. beastly, bestial, brute(prenominal), brutish, brutal, inhumane (vs. humane)
- usage: resembling a beast; showing lack of human sensibility; "beastly desires"; "a bestial nature"; "brute force"; "a dull and brutish man"; "bestial treatment of prisoners"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of brute (Dictionary)