- 1. Browning, John M. Browning, John Moses Browning
- usage: United States inventor of firearms (especially automatic pistols and repeating rifles and a machine gun called the Peacemaker) (1855-1926)
- 2. Browning, Robert Browning
- usage: English poet and husband of Elizabeth Barrett Browning noted for his dramatic monologues (1812-1889)
- 3. Browning, Elizabeth Barrett Browning
- usage: English poet best remembered for love sonnets written to her husband Robert Browning (1806-1861)
- 4. toasting, browning, cooking, cookery, preparation
- usage: cooking to a brown crispiness over a fire or on a grill; "proper toasting should brown both sides of a piece of bread"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. brown, cook
- usage: fry in a pan until it changes color; "brown the meat in the pan"
- 2. embrown, brown, color, colorize, colorise, colourise, colourize, colour, color in, colour in
- usage: make brown in color; "the draught browned the leaves on the trees in the yard"
All rights reserved.
See also: browning (Dictionary)