WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. glare, blaze, brilliance, brightness
- usage: a light within the field of vision that is brighter than the brightness to which the eyes are adapted; "a glare of sunlight"
- 2. magnificence, brilliance, splendor, splendour, grandeur, grandness, elegance
- usage: the quality of being magnificent or splendid or grand; "for magnificence and personal service there is the Queen's hotel"; "his `Hamlet' lacks the brilliance that one expects"; "it is the university that gives the scene its stately splendor"; "an imaginative mix of old-fashioned grandeur and colorful art"; "advertisers capitalize on the grandness and elegance it brings to their products"
- 3. brilliance, genius, intelligence
- usage: unusual mental ability
All rights reserved.
See also: brilliance (Dictionary)