- 1. brief, legal brief, legal document, legal instrument, official document, instrument
- usage: a document stating the facts and points of law of a client's case
- 2. brief, outline, synopsis, abstract, precis
- usage: a condensed written summary or abstract
- 1. brief, instruct, apprise, apprize
- usage: give essential information to someone; "The reporters were briefed about the President's plan to invade"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. brief, short (vs. long)
- usage: of short duration or distance; "a brief stay in the country"
- 2. brief, concise (vs. prolix)
- usage: concise and succinct; "covered the matter in a brief statement"
- 3. abbreviated, brief, short (vs. long)
- usage: (of clothing) very short; "an abbreviated swimsuit"; "a brief bikini"
All rights reserved.
See also: brief (Dictionary)