WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. engender, breed, spawn, cause, do, make
- usage: call forth
- 2. breed, cover, copulate, mate, pair, couple
- usage: copulate with a female, used especially of horses; "The horse covers the mare"
- 3. breed, produce, make, create
- usage: cause to procreate (animals); "She breeds dogs"
- 4. breed, multiply, reproduce, procreate, multiply
- usage: have young (animals) or reproduce (organisms); "pandas rarely breed in captivity"; "These bacteria reproduce"
All rights reserved.
See also: bred (Dictionary)