Synonyms of bracing
- 1. brace, bracing, structural member, strengthener, reinforcement
- usage: a structural member used to stiffen a framework
- 1. brace, poise, fix, prepare, set up, ready, gear up, set
- usage: prepare (oneself) for something unpleasant or difficult
- 2. brace, steady, stabilize, stabilise, strengthen, beef up, fortify
- usage: support or hold steady and make steadfast, with or as if with a brace; "brace your elbows while working on the potter's wheel"
- 3. brace, hold, support, sustain, hold up
- usage: support by bracing
- 4. stimulate, arouse, brace, energize, energise, perk up, affect
- usage: cause to be alert and energetic; "Coffee and tea stimulate me"; "This herbal infusion doesn't stimulate"
- 1. bracing, brisk, fresh, refreshing, refreshful, tonic, invigorating (vs. debilitating)
- usage: imparting vitality and energy; "the bracing mountain air"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of bracing (Dictionary)