- 1. boundary line, border, borderline, delimitation, mete, boundary, bound, bounds
- usage: a line that indicates a boundary
- 2. margin, border, perimeter, boundary, edge, bound
- usage: the boundary line or the area immediately inside the boundary
- 3. edge, border, boundary, bound, bounds
- usage: the boundary of a surface
- 4. molding, moulding, border, edge
- usage: a decorative recessed or relieved surface on an edge
- 5. border, edge
- usage: a strip forming the outer edge of something; "the rug had a wide blue border"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. surround, environ, ring, skirt, border, touch, adjoin, meet, contact
- usage: extend on all sides of simultaneously; encircle; "The forest surrounds my property"
- 2. bound, border, enclose, hold in, confine
- usage: form the boundary of; be contiguous to
- 3. frame, frame in, border, enclose, close in, inclose, shut in
- usage: enclose in or as if in a frame; "frame a picture"
- 4. border, edge, supply, provide, render, furnish
- usage: provide with a border or edge; "edge the tablecloth with embroidery"
- 5. border, adjoin, edge, abut, march, butt, butt against, butt on, touch, adjoin, meet, contact
- usage: lie adjacent to another or share a boundary; "Canada adjoins the U.S."; "England marches with Scotland"
All rights reserved.
See also: border (Dictionary)