WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. wild hyacinth, wood hyacinth, bluebell, harebell, Hyacinthoides nonscripta, Scilla nonscripta, liliaceous plant
- usage: sometimes placed in genus Scilla
- 2. prairie gentian, tulip gentian, bluebell, Eustoma grandiflorum, wildflower, wild flower
- usage: one of the most handsome prairie wildflowers having large erect bell-shaped bluish flowers; of moist places in prairies and fields from eastern Colorado and Nebraska south to New Mexico and Texas
- 3. harebell, bluebell, Campanula rotundifolia, campanula, bellflower
- usage: perennial of northern hemisphere with slender stems and bell-shaped blue flowers
All rights reserved.
See also: bluebell (Dictionary)