WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. shed blood, bleed, hemorrhage, exhaust, discharge, expel, eject, release
- usage: lose blood from one's body
- 2. bleed, leech, phlebotomize, phlebotomise, treat, care for
- usage: draw blood; "In the old days, doctors routinely bled patients as part of the treatment"
- 3. bleed, extort, squeeze, rack, gouge, wring
- usage: get or extort (money or other possessions) from someone; "They bled me dry--I have nothing left!"
- 4. run, bleed, diffuse, spread, spread out, fan out
- usage: be diffused; "These dyes and colors are guaranteed not to run"
- 5. bleed, empty
- usage: drain of liquid or steam; "bleed the radiators"; "the mechanic bled the engine"
All rights reserved.
See also: bleed (Dictionary)