Synonyms of blaze
- 1. blaze, blazing, fire, flame, flaming
- usage: a strong flame that burns brightly; "the blaze spread rapidly"
- 2. hell, blaze, trouble
- usage: a cause of difficulty and suffering; "war is hell"; "go to blazes"
- 3. hell, blaze, mischief, mischief-making, mischievousness, deviltry, devilry, devilment, rascality, roguery, roguishness, shenanigan
- usage: noisy and unrestrained mischief; "raising blazes"
- 4. glare, blaze, brilliance, brightness
- usage: a light within the field of vision that is brighter than the brightness to which the eyes are adapted; "a glare of sunlight"
- 5. blaze, marking
- usage: a light-colored marking; "they chipped off bark to mark the trail with blazes"; "the horse had a blaze between its eyes"
- 1. blaze, shine, beam
- usage: shine brightly and intensively; "Meteors blazed across the atmosphere"
- 2. blaze away, blaze, blast, shoot
- usage: shoot rapidly and repeatedly; "He blazed away at the men"
- 3. blaze, burn, combust
- usage: burn brightly and intensely; "The summer sun alone can cause a pine to blaze"
- 4. blaze, blaze out, depart, part, start, start out, set forth, set off, set out, take off
- usage: move rapidly and as if blazing; "The spaceship blazed out into space"
- 5. blaze, mark
- usage: indicate by marking trees with blazes; "blaze a trail"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of blaze (Dictionary)