Synonyms of bind
- 1. bind, hindrance, hinderance, deterrent, impediment, balk, baulk, check, handicap
- usage: something that hinders as if with bonds
- 1. adhere, hold fast, bond, bind, stick, stick to, attach
- usage: stick to firmly; "Will this wallpaper adhere to the wall?"
- 2. bind, tie, attach, bond, relate
- usage: create social or emotional ties; "The grandparents want to bond with the child"
- 3. bind, attach
- usage: make fast; tie or secure, with or as if with a rope; "The Chinese would bind the feet of their women"
- 4. bind, bandage, fasten, fix, secure
- usage: wrap around with something so as to cover or enclose
- 5. tie down, tie up, bind, truss, restrain, confine, hold
- usage: secure with or as if with ropes; "tie down the prisoners"; "tie up the old newspapers and bring them to the recycling shed"
- 6. oblige, bind, hold, obligate, relate
- usage: bind by an obligation; cause to be indebted; "He's held by a contract"; "I'll hold you by your promise"
- 7. bind, cover
- usage: provide with a binding; "bind the books in leather"
- 8. tie, bind, fasten, fix, secure
- usage: fasten or secure with a rope, string, or cord; "They tied their victim to the chair"
- 9. bind, adhere, hold fast, bond, bind, stick, stick to
- usage: form a chemical bond with; "The hydrogen binds the oxygen"
- 10. constipate, bind, indispose
- usage: cause to be constipated; "These foods tend to constipate you"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of bind (Dictionary)