- 1. Bengali, Asian, Asiatic
- usage: (Hinduism) a member of a people living in Bangladesh and West Bengal (mainly Hindus)
- 2. Bengali, ethnic group, ethnos
- usage: an ethnic group speaking Bengali and living in Bangladesh and eastern India
- 3. Bengali, Bangla, Magadhan
- usage: a Magadhan language spoken by the Bengali people; the official language of Bangladesh and Bengal
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. Bengali
- usage: of or relating to or characteristic of Bengal or its people; "Bengali hills"
All rights reserved.
See also: bengali (Dictionary)