- 1. bend, flex, change shape, change form, deform
- usage: form a curve; "The stick does not bend"
- 2. bend, turn
- usage: change direction; "The road bends"
- 3. flex, bend, deform, twist, turn, change shape, change form, deform
- usage: cause (a plastic object) to assume a crooked or angular form; "bend the rod"; "twist the dough into a braid"; "the strong man could turn an iron bar"
- 4. crouch, stoop, bend, bow, bend, flex
- usage: bend one's back forward from the waist on down; "he crouched down"; "She bowed before the Queen"; "The young man stooped to pick up the girl's purse"
- 5. deflect, bend, turn away, turn
- usage: turn from a straight course, fixed direction, or line of interest
- 6. flex, bend, move
- usage: bend a joint; "flex your wrists"; "bend your knees"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. bended, bent, unerect (vs. erect)
- usage: used of the back and knees; stooped; "on bended knee"; "with bent (or bended) back"
All rights reserved.
See also: bended (Dictionary)