WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. act, behave, do
- usage: behave in a certain manner; show a certain behavior; conduct or comport oneself; "You should act like an adult"; "Don't behave like a fool"; "What makes her do this way?"; "The dog acts ferocious, but he is really afraid of people"
- 2. behave, acquit, bear, deport, conduct, comport, carry, hold, carry, bear, act, move
- usage: behave in a certain manner; "She carried herself well"; "he bore himself with dignity"; "They conducted themselves well during these difficult times"
- 3. behave, comport, act, move
- usage: behave well or properly; "The children must learn to behave"
All rights reserved.
See also: behave (Dictionary)