- 1. beetle, insect
- usage: insect having biting mouthparts and front wings modified to form horny covers overlying the membranous rear wings
- 2. mallet, beetle, hammer
- usage: a tool resembling a hammer but with a large head (usually wooden); used to drive wedges or ram down paving stones or for crushing or beating or flattening or smoothing
- 1. overhang, beetle, hang
- usage: be suspended over or hang over; "This huge rock beetles over the edge of the town"
- 2. beetle, travel, go, move, locomote
- usage: fly or go in a manner resembling a beetle; "He beetled up the staircase"; "They beetled off home"
- 3. beetle, beat
- usage: beat with a beetle
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. beetle, beetling, protrusive (vs. intrusive)
- usage: jutting or overhanging; "beetle brows"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of beetle (Dictionary)