WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. blessedness, beatitude, beatification, happiness, felicity
- usage: a state of supreme happiness
- 2. beatification, action
- usage: the action of rendering supremely blessed and extremely happy
- 3. beatification, sanctification
- usage: (Roman Catholic Church) an act of the Pope who declares that a deceased person lived a holy life and is worthy of public veneration; a first step toward canonization
All rights reserved.
See also: beatification (Dictionary)