- 1. beard, face fungus, whiskers, facial hair
- usage: the hair growing on the lower part of a man's face
- 2. beard, hair, fuzz, tomentum
- usage: a tuft or growth of hairs or bristles on certain plants such as iris or grasses
- 3. beard, person, individual, someone, somebody, mortal, soul
- usage: a person who diverts suspicion from someone (especially a woman who accompanies a male homosexual in order to conceal his homosexuality)
- 4. beard, hair
- usage: hairy growth on or near the face of certain mammals
- 5. byssus, beard, fiber, fibre
- usage: tuft of strong filaments by which e.g. a mussel makes itself fast to a fixed surface
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. beard, rim
- usage: go along the rim, like a beard around the chin; "Houses bearded the top of the heights"
All rights reserved.
See also: beard (Dictionary)