Synonyms of bats
- 1. bat, chiropteran, placental, placental mammal, eutherian, eutherian mammal
- usage: nocturnal mouselike mammal with forelimbs modified to form membranous wings and anatomical adaptations for echolocation by which they navigate
- 2. bat, at-bat, turn, play
- usage: (baseball) a turn trying to get a hit; "he was at bat when it happened"; "he got four hits in four at-bats"
- 3. squash racket, squash racquet, bat, racket, racquet
- usage: a small racket with a long handle used for playing squash
- 4. cricket bat, bat, cricket equipment
- usage: the club used in playing cricket; "a cricket bat has a narrow handle and a broad flat end for hitting"
- 5. bat, club
- usage: a club used for hitting a ball in various games
- 1. bat, hit
- usage: strike with, or as if with a baseball bat; "bat the ball"
- 2. bat, flutter, blink, wink, nictitate, nictate
- usage: wink briefly; "bat one's eyelids"
- 3. bat, hit
- usage: have a turn at bat; "Jones bats first, followed by Martinez"
- 4. bat, hit
- usage: use a bat; "Who's batting?"
- 5. cream, bat, clobber, drub, thrash, lick, beat, beat out, crush, shell, trounce, vanquish
- usage: beat thoroughly and conclusively in a competition or fight; "We licked the other team on Sunday!"
- 1. balmy, barmy, bats, batty, bonkers, buggy, cracked, crackers, daft, dotty, fruity, haywire, kooky, kookie, loco, loony, loopy, nuts, nutty, round the bend, around the bend, wacky, whacky, insane (vs. sane)
- usage: informal or slang terms for mentally irregular; "it used to drive my husband balmy"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of bats (Dictionary)