WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. simony, barratry, traffic
- usage: traffic in ecclesiastical offices or preferments
- 2. barratry, bribery, graft
- usage: the crime of a judge whose judgment is influenced by bribery
- 3. barratry, fraud
- usage: (maritime law) a fraudulent breach of duty by the master of a ship that injures the owner of the ship or its cargo; includes every breach of trust such as stealing or sinking or deserting the ship or embezzling the cargo
- 4. barratry, crime, offense, criminal offense, criminal offence, offence, law-breaking
- usage: the offense of vexatiously persisting in inciting lawsuits and quarrels
All rights reserved.
See also: barratry (Dictionary)