- 1. Baroque, Baroque era, Baroque period
- usage: the historic period from about 1600 until 1750 when the baroque style of art, architecture, and music flourished in Europe
- 2. baroque, baroqueness, artistic style, idiom
- usage: elaborate and extensive ornamentation in decorative art and architecture that flourished in Europe in the 17th century
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. baroque, churrigueresque, churrigueresco, fancy (vs. plain)
- usage: having elaborate symmetrical ornamentation; "the building...frantically baroque"-William Dean Howells
- 2. baroque, Baroque
- usage: of or relating to or characteristic of the elaborately ornamented style of architecture, art, and music popular in Europe between 1600 and 1750
All rights reserved.
See also: baroque (Dictionary)