- 1. band, banding, stria, striation, stripe, streak, bar
- usage: a stripe or stripes of contrasting color; "chromosomes exhibit characteristic bands"; "the black and yellow banding of bees and wasps"
- 2. band, banding, stripe, adornment
- usage: an adornment consisting of a strip of a contrasting color or material
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. band, tie, bind
- usage: bind or tie together, as with a band
- 2. ring, band, attach
- usage: attach a ring to the foot of, in order to identify; "ring birds"; "band the geese to observe their migratory patterns"
All rights reserved.
See also: banding (Dictionary)