Synonyms of ball
- 1. ball, game equipment
- usage: round object that is hit or thrown or kicked in games; "the ball travelled 90 mph on his serve"; "the mayor threw out the first ball"; "the ball rolled into the corner pocket"
- 2. musket ball, ball, shot, pellet
- usage: a solid projectile that is shot by a musket; "they had to carry a ramrod as well as powder and ball"
- 3. ball, globe, orb, sphere
- usage: an object with a spherical shape; "a ball of fire"
- 4. ball, dance
- usage: the people assembled at a lavish formal dance; "the ball was already emptying out before the fire alarm sounded"
- 5. testis, testicle, orchis, ball, ballock, bollock, nut, egg, male reproductive gland, gonad, sex gland
- usage: one of the two male reproductive glands that produce spermatozoa and secrete androgens; "she kicked him in the balls and got away"
- 6. ball, plaything, toy
- usage: a spherical object used as a plaything; "he played with his rubber ball in the bathtub"
- 7. Ball, Lucille Ball
- usage: United States comedienne best known as the star of a popular television program (1911-1989)
- 8. ball, clod, glob, lump, clump, chunk, agglomeration
- usage: a compact mass; "a ball of mud caught him on the shoulder"
- 9. ball, formal, dance
- usage: a lavish dance requiring formal attire
- 10. ball, structure, anatomical structure, complex body part, bodily structure, body structure
- usage: a more or less rounded anatomical body or mass; "the ball at the base of the thumb"; "he stood on the balls of his feet"
- 11. ball, baseball, baseball game
- usage: the game of baseball
- 12. ball, pitch, delivery
- usage: a pitch that is not in the strike zone; "he threw nine straight balls before the manager yanked him"
- 1. ball, wind, wrap, roll, twine
- usage: form into a ball by winding or rolling; "ball wool"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of ball (Dictionary)