- 1. awe, wonder, wonderment, admiration
- usage: an overwhelming feeling of wonder or admiration; "he stared over the edge with a feeling of awe"
- 2. fear, reverence, awe, veneration, emotion
- usage: a feeling of profound respect for someone or something; "the fear of God"; "the Chinese reverence for the dead"; "the French treat food with gentle reverence"; "his respect for the law bordered on veneration"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. awe, frighten, fright, scare, affright
- usage: inspire awe in; "The famous professor awed the undergraduates"
All rights reserved.
See also: awe (Dictionary)