- 1. affirm, verify, assert, avow, aver, swan, swear, declare
- usage: to declare or affirm solemnly and formally as true; "Before God I swear I am innocent"
- 2. avow, avouch, admit, acknowledge
- usage: admit openly and bluntly; make no bones about
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. avowed(prenominal), professed(prenominal), declared (vs. undeclared)
- usage: openly declared as such; "an avowed enemy"; "her professed love of everything about that country"; "McKinley was assassinated by a professed anarchist"
All rights reserved.
See also: avowed (Dictionary)