- 1. avalanche, slide
- usage: a slide of large masses of snow and ice and mud down a mountain
- 2. avalanche, happening, occurrence, occurrent, natural event
- usage: a sudden appearance of an overwhelming number of things; "the program brought an avalanche of mail"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. avalanche, roll down, descend, fall, go down, come down
- usage: gather into a huge mass and roll down a mountain, of snow
All rights reserved.
See also: avalanche (Dictionary)