WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. atmosphere, ambiance, ambience, condition, status
- usage: a particular environment or surrounding influence; "there was an atmosphere of excitement"
- 2. standard atmosphere, atmosphere, atm, standard pressure, pressure unit
- usage: a unit of pressure: the pressure that will support a column of mercury 760 mm high at sea level and 0 degrees centigrade
- 3. atmosphere, air, region, part
- usage: the mass of air surrounding the Earth; "there was great heat as the comet entered the atmosphere"; "it was exposed to the air"
- 4. atmosphere, atmospheric state, weather, weather condition, conditions, atmospheric condition
- usage: the weather or climate at some place; "the atmosphere was thick with fog"
- 5. atmosphere, gas
- usage: the envelope of gases surrounding any celestial body
- 6. air, aura, atmosphere, quality
- usage: a distinctive but intangible quality surrounding a person or thing; "an air of mystery"; "the house had a neglected air"; "an atmosphere of defeat pervaded the candidate's headquarters"; "the place had an aura of romance"
All rights reserved.
See also: atmosphere (Dictionary)