WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. assert, asseverate, maintain, insist, take a firm stand
- usage: state categorically
- 2. affirm, verify, assert, avow, aver, swan, swear, declare
- usage: to declare or affirm solemnly and formally as true; "Before God I swear I am innocent"
- 3. assert, put forward, behave, acquit, bear, deport, conduct, comport, carry
- usage: insist on having one's opinions and rights recognized; "Women should assert themselves more!"
- 4. insist, assert, postulate, posit
- usage: assert to be true; "The letter asserts a free society"
All rights reserved.
See also: assert (Dictionary)