- 1. asphalt, paving, pavement, paving material
- usage: mixed asphalt and crushed gravel or sand; used especially for paving but also for roofing
- 2. asphalt, mineral pitch, mineral
- usage: a dark bituminous substance found in natural beds and as residue from petroleum distillation; consists mainly of hydrocarbons
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. asphalt, pave
- usage: cover with tar or asphalt; "asphalt the driveway"
All rights reserved.
See also: asphalt (Dictionary)