- 1. aside, actor's line, speech, words
- usage: a line spoken by an actor to the audience but not intended for others on the stage
- 2. digression, aside, excursus, divagation, parenthesis, message, content, subject matter, substance
- usage: a message that departs from the main subject
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. aside
- usage: on or to one side; "step aside"; "stood aside to let him pass"; "threw the book aside"; "put her sewing aside when he entered"
- 2. aside, away
- usage: out of the way (especially away from one's thoughts); "brush the objections aside"; "pushed all doubts away"
- 3. apart, aside
- usage: not taken into account or excluded from consideration; "these problems apart, the country is doing well"; "all joking aside, I think you're crazy"
- 4. away, aside
- usage: in a different direction; "turn aside"; "turn away one's face"; "glanced away"
- 5. aside, apart
- usage: placed or kept separate and distinct as for a purpose; "had a feeling of being set apart"; "quality sets it apart"; "a day set aside for relaxing"
- 6. aside, by, away
- usage: in reserve; not for immediate use; "started setting aside money to buy a car"; "put something by for her old age"; "has a nest egg tucked away for a rainy day"
All rights reserved.
See also: aside (Dictionary)