WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. arboreal (vs. nonarboreal), arboreous, tree-living
- usage: inhabiting or frequenting trees; "arboreal apes"
- 2. arboraceous, arboreous, woodsy, woody, wooded (vs. unwooded)
- usage: abounding in trees; "an arboreous landscape"; "violets in woodsy shady spots"; "a woody area near the highway"
- 3. arboreal, arboreous, arborescent, arboresque, arboriform, dendriform, dendroid, dendroidal, treelike, tree-shaped, branchy (vs. branchless)
- usage: resembling a tree in form and branching structure; "arborescent coral found off the coast of Bermuda"; "dendriform sponges"
All rights reserved.
See also: arboreous (Dictionary)