WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. appropriation, money
- usage: money set aside (as by a legislature) for a specific purpose
- 2. annexation, appropriation, incorporation
- usage: incorporation by joining or uniting
- 3. appropriation, acquiring, getting
- usage: a deliberate act of acquisition of something, often without the permission of the owner; "the necessary funds were obtained by the government's appropriation of the company's operating unit"; "a person's appropriation of property belonging to another is dishonest"
All rights reserved.
See also: appropriation (Dictionary)